Aromatherapy Precautions &/or Contraindications
- Keep bottles out of reach of children & pets.
- Do not exceed the recommended dilutions.
- Consult your physician if taking prescribed or over the counter medications.
- Apply diluted with the exception of Lavender & Tea Tree oils.
- Keep away from eyes.
- Depending on the strength of the essential oils, never use more than 8 drops in the bath.
- Perform a skin patch test to determine possible irritants for those with sensitive skin or allergies.
Pregnancy......Consultant your physician. Avoid the use of essential oils in physical application for the 1st trimester. Carriers are generally safe if you are not allergic to them.
Infants to 12 months.....Consult your pediatrician.
Alcohol Consumption.....Avoid- Clary Sage actually alcohol pretty much interferes with everything. So it would probably behoove you to just avoid the alcohol.
Asthma.....Avoid- Steam inhalations of Eucalyptus Oil. However, use your judgment. Some asthma and allergy sufferers actually respond well to eucalyptus.
Diabetes.....Avoid - Eucalyptus, Lemon, Geranium
Epilepsy.....Avoid -Basil, Eucalyptus, Ginger, Geranium, Lemon, Lemongrass
High Blood Pressure.....Avoid -Black Pepper, Coriander, Eucalyptus, Ginger,Geranium, Lemon, Lemongrass,Neroli, Sweet Thyme, Rosemary
Nut Allergies....Avoid- Almond or any other nut oil
Sensitive Skin.....Perform a Patch Test
Wheat Allergies.....Avoid- Wheat Germ Oil
Copyright Notice: All articles and photographs and logos on these pages are the sole copyright of Patrina Rutherford-Vickers © 2012.-2015No permission, either implicit or explicit is given to reproduce or use these articles or photographs or logos in any format or media. All Rights are Reserved